A job search is typically quite stressful and often anxiety-ridden. If you’re currently in a job search (or have a hangover from the last one), you may be spending exorbitant amounts of time stressing about what others might be thinking. Your questions may be:
– Is my resume good enough?
– Do I need more keywords in my LinkedIn profile?
– Will anyone read this cover letter I’m slaving over?
– Why hasn’t the company called since I submitted my resume?
– Why hasn’t the company called since the interview?
– Do they seriously expect me to work for this offer?
The questions never stop. Just as fast as we’re asking the questions, we need to invent answers for them. We create story after story as a way to try and make sense of situations and take control of the uncertainty of the outcomes we face.Keep Reading »